Thursday, August 20, 2015

This morning, we ate breakfast at around 8:30. Cory made baked oatmeal that was delicious. After breakfast, we headed over to a local field to play sports with some of the children from Macha. At first, there weren't many kids, but after about half an hour, there were over a hundred.  This was one of my personal highlights. I thoroughly enjoyed the enthusiastic attitude of the kids as we played sports. However, much more than simply playing games, I enjoyed the relational connections that the sports naturally brought about.  Next, we ate lunch. We ate with the push the rock personnel. It was a great pleasure learning how to eat nshima (a pasty white, rice-like, substance) in the traditional manner.  We spent the remaining part of the evening in the PTR pavilion playing board games and pickup sports.  I was astounded at the cognitive and intellectual ability of these children! (I was beaten at least five times by a twelve year old in checkers).  In the evening we explored the local area, which included watching the sunset from the top of an extremely safe water tower. That night, as we gathered together, Eric Thuma shared his testimony.  I was greatly encouraged by his commitment to this area, the people, and to our Lord. It was good to see such humility and reliability in someone in a vocation that I admire.  I learned a lot from listening to Eric.  God has been moving in amazing ways this trip.  One thing I learned occurred simply when I was walking back to the dorm.  It was night, and the stars were scattered across the sky like nothing I had ever seen before. The narcissistic question popped in my mind "why did Good create all these stars if I can't even see the majority of them?".  The answer, clear as day, immediately resound; "because they weren't made for you".  The beauty and creative ability of God is infinite. This world was created and is being sustained for Him. It exists for His perfect pleasure, His renown, His praise, and His glory. Not mine. I was made to rejoice and experience the ultimate pleasure, the worship of this awesome, perfect, good, and holy God.  May He become greater and I become less.
                                              For His glory alone,
                                                                 -Greg

1 comment:

  1. To the Lord's servants in Zambia - thank you for your devotion to Him and for sharing your adventures on this blog! It is a great encouragement to hear your stories and your perspectives on life there. Please know that we are praying for you often - that God would pour out his love both on you and through you, that commitments to Him would deepen, and that He would be glorified!
    Love,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete