Sunday, August 23, 2015

Well today was a sad day.. Our last day in Macha. We started off the day going to the local brethren in Christ church which was an awesome experience! It was neat to see how a church halfway across the world worships the lord! The songs they sang were breathtaking and I loved seeing how they love and serve our king. After church we ate our last meal with the Thuma family.. Makes me sad thinking about it as I have grown to love my time spent with them but they are doing awesome things for the kingdom here in Zambia and I am so thankful for my week spent with them and the people of Macha!  After lunch was the trek back to Livingston, which we have called tourist land. Since arriving we have checked into the hotel and enjoyed a dinner at a local restaurant. It's been nice to relax a little bit from the week and really enjoy time with each other. Each day we have grown closer and bonded and it's been awesome to see the difference in now and when we first all met each other! The next two days are for visiting Victoria falls and going on a safari. I am so so excited for both but I'm sad we won't see the smiles and friendly hellos from the people of Macha. That is something I will for sure miss.

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment